Sunday, September 8, 2013

COFFEE DREAMS – 3

“I miss you..!”
“Why do all these conversations between us start like this?”
“None of them were ever intended to.”
“But somehow they always do.”
“Because these conversations happen only then.”
“How can you miss me when I have been here all this while?”
“I am in the quest for an answer for the same and I need your help.”
“How can I help you when the quest is yours? And why should I?”
“Because at some level, the quest is yours too. Because for some time, the journey is yours too.”
“What changed now?”
“Just a realization that we think similarly in most situations except when a conflict occurs.”
“Why does a conflict occur in the first place if we think similarly in most situations?”
“Perhaps there lies the conflict.”
“How is that a conflict?”
“As much as we empathize with each other on an emotional level and as much as we know about each other, there is still a lot we want to know about each other and want each other to know about ourselves.”
“True. But that doesn’t sound like a conflict.”
“It is not exactly a conflict by itself. But when we communicate with each other about that on different pages, a conflict arises.”
“How were we not on the same page in the first place?”
“There comes the point of freedom into the scene. When you want to know me, you kind of know what you want to know of me. You ask. I don’t. When I want to know you, I want you to decide what I should know of you. I want you to tell me what I know of you and what I don’t. I want you to tell me what I should know to know YOU. I believe in giving more freedom than I take.”
“Then, why don’t you tell when I ask?”
“I do tell. But I realized that what I tell is not always the truth. And I also realized that I don’t realize that I am not telling the truth.”
“What does that mean?”
“When a person changes, he changes towards a particular vision of his own. So was I. I was trying so much to be the person I wanted to be that I always told myself that I became that person. But a conflict arises when you are not exactly the person you wanted to be YET, but you say you are. And when a situation which tests your character comes to the fore, you can never be sure which trait comes forward.”
“Hmmm… Why don’t you ask what you want to know?”
“I am scared of taking liberty. I am scared because that makes me call you a friend.”
“Am I not?”
“You are. And no one is better than you are. You are the closest who came to being called one.”
“What stopped you?”
“The same conflict which brought up this discussion in the first place.”
“You still can.”
“There is not enough time.”
“Did time ever stop anything from happening that’s bound to happen?”
“Never. But from my vanity point, I see a limited time available. There is a lot of ground to be recovered and covered. The question is whether to make the best use of the limited time, or not care enough about it because the time is limited.”

“What now?”

No comments:

Post a Comment