Wednesday, February 29, 2012

COFFEE DREAMS – 2



“I missed you..!”
“After all this time?”
“Always!”
“What does that mean?”
“Nothing more than what was said.”
“But there are others for you.”
“I don’t miss talking with them. Because I talk with them.”
“Why do you have to talk with me?”
“Because I want to. Because you talk well with many people and I also want to be one of them.”
“Are you jealous?”
“No. Not jealous because someone else has something which I don’t have. It is just that I too could have had that.”
“Chance? Or choice?”
“Chance, once. Choice, now.”
“Sometimes all you have to do is ask.”
“I want to. But I fear the response.”
“What do you think the response will be?”
“Another set of questions just like everything that came out of your mouth until now.”
“What do you want the response to be?”
“After all this… I don’t know.”
“What if you had a choice to go back?”
“I would choose the same what I chose and be where I am. I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.  And I don’t regret any of the choices I made. In fact, I am happy I made those.”
“What is it you would want to change then?”
“The results of those choices.”
“Why do you think it has become so complicated?”
“Because we don’t live in the past. But the past doesn’t go anywhere. Every day that passes by, a day is added to it from the future.”
“But the present remains always the same. Just one day. Just this moment.”
“Yes. This moment. The same moment which defines me or you or anyone, for that matter. The present. The only consolation between all the confusions.”
“What is the confusion?”
“Whether to call or not. Whether to meet or not. Whether to explain or not. Whether to want to do all these or not. I miss the friendship that was. Not that I can be the same person I was nor do I expect you to be the same person you were. But when I see people around us happy with their friendships with others, with you and with me, it makes me wonder if we could be the same old friends again.”
“I do not want to be called a friend by anyone nor will I call someone one.”
“That does not stop you from being one.”



No comments:

Post a Comment